Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Sample meals and inspiration to healthy eating.

Need some inspiration on healthy clean eating?  I just created this for a friend

I drink Shakeology every morning usually with a scoop of all natural peanut butter. You can do that, and pair it with some of the breakfast suggestions, or drink it alone. You can also substitute a snack for a Shakeology drink ( I like to pretend its my afternoon milkshake).

I also go to the farmers market each week to pick out which fresh fruits and veggies we will be eating that week. I take usually Sunday or Saturday night and prep (cut, chop, package etc) for the week. A good thing to do if you rush dinner, having everything ready to just dump and cook works wonders to get a home cooked meal done quickly. Also look for crock pot recipes, those are great for dinner and make great leftovers for lunch the next day. Eggs, lasagna, meatloaf in muffin tins also are quick and easy and can be heated up quickly for use throughout the week. Now that it is getting cold, I will make lots of soups, bean soup, butternut apple squash soup, veggie soup etc. Low calorie and you can freeze to eat later in the week or months ahead.  Pre-packaged salad mixes are great, and save time on cutting, chopping etc. They are also easy to grab and take into work with you.   Or make the Mason jar salads, that way you just shake and eat!

Eating healthy should be fun and not a chore.  You just have to re-prioritize the way you think about food. I love colors! I try to make my meals very very colorful. With color, is usually more healthy as well. You need lots of greens!!!

Also drink water.. water is your friend...  Here is an old post with some healthy foods listed!

Enjoy and have fun with it!


What are some of your favorite 
healthy go to meals??



Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fitnesswithjamie
BeachBody: http://beachbodycoach.com/jlgray22 


2 comments: