Tons of people are out there buying and drinking these, that normally would not. You are drinking your calories with getting no nutrients whatsoever. In fact you are getting a crap ton of sugar. In one regular soda you are drinking 22 packets of sugar 22 that is CRAZY, You would not eat 22 packets of sugar, so why in the world are you drinking them? You are literally pouring pounds into your body.
"But I drink diet" well that is worse, sure you save on calories but hello you are putting Aspartame in your body. If you have never looked at the side effects of Aspartame, maybe you should. Here you go (see I won't even make you look it up):
So your "diet" soda, that you are saving calories on, is actually helping you in keeping and gaining that weight, as well as tons of other issues that if you look at the list, you may recognize in yourself. here are 5 more dangers spelled out for you
1. Diet soda drinkers have a dramatically higher is of heart attack and stroke (that sounds fun)
2. Aspartame is linked to: High blood pressure, dizziness, fatigue, sleep disorders (and everything else mentioned in the above pic)
3. Waistlines of those who consumed diet drinks expanded 70% faster than those who didn't (hmmmmmm I think i will have water)
4. Diet soda drinkers stop associating sweetness with calories and fullness, leading to overeating, weight gain and elevated sugar levels
5. Acid wears down your tooth enamel (battery acid is a 1 on the pH scale and cola is a 2.5) (That sounds yummy and is ALL soda, hello it can clean battery acid and a penny)
All of those sound great right? WRONG! So lay off your soda, if you need caffeine, grab a cup of coffee or green tea. Much better for you, (just do not over do it, 1 to 2 cups a day is ALL you need). What you do need, is water, lots and lots of H2O. Hate water taste (even though it doesn't taste) add some fruit to it (not crystal light, fruit, or lemon/lime juice). I do not have that problem, I actually crave water! Some times I switch it up and drink coconut water (plain, no sugar added) but I love water!
Moral of today's post: Even though the soda companies are getting more clever in tricking you to drink their drinks, do not forget the harmful side effects they have. VERY VERY harmful! It is one of the reasons Americans are so over weight. We love our sodas. I know it is hard to kick the habit but once you do, you will be much happier and healthier for it. Start with la Croix, it will give you the bubble fix you want without the bad stuff, then wean yourself from there to water! I know you can do it.
Who has some good tricks to kick the soda habit??