Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Boost your metabolism


Boosting your metabolism isn’t as hard as you might think. While all of our bodies are different and metabolize in their own ways, there are a few surefire tricks you can rely on to rev up your inner calorie furnace. From early AM workouts to food choices, you can give your metabolism an extra push without too much effort. Sweet! Here are a few simple ways to get your metabolism pumping in no time:
  1. Eat Breakfast! The worst thing you can do to kick-start your day (and your metabolism) is skip breakfast. Click here for my complete breakfast breakdown.
     
  2. Get Moving in the Morning. My trainer has always pushed me to do my workouts in the morning. But I’ll be honest. There’s no chance I’ll ever be a morning person, no less someone that can hit the gym before noon. That said, for those of you who are early risers, I encourage you to exercise in the morning. An early morning sweat-session will get your metabolism up and running and therefore burning more calories for the rest of the day. Check out my Fitness section where I’ve shared a few of my favorite exercises and workout routines.
     
  3. Drink Up! If you’ve even just a tad thirsty (or dehydrated) you run the risk of slowing your metabolism. I’ve heard that drinking cold water actually sparks your metabolism because your body has to work harder to heat it up to its natural temperature. If you have the taste for it, drink green tea too. It has a special compound in it that bumps up the metabolic rate as well. (I drink tea almost everyday!)
     
  4. Have Whole Grains, Not Multigrain. Complex carbs and fiber-rich foods help to speed up your metabolism. Whole grains are good, multigrain are not. If anything, just remember that!
     
  5. Eat More, Smaller Meals. Didn’t think you’d see the phrase “eat more” on this list did you? According to WebMD, if you divide your meals up into smaller portions so you eat more often throughout the day, your metabolism won’t have a chance to take a break. Now this doesn’t mean stuff your face 24/7. Instead, try to eat smaller bites throughout the day instead of three large meals. Click here to check out my favorite fat-burning snacks that are perfect for this tip!
Have a very fit day!

No comments:

Post a Comment