Thursday, January 31, 2013

Rest

I am the person who loves to work out daily.  My wonderful fiance thinks you need to rest.  I hurt my back last week doing too many kicks and heavier weights, so I took a day off, that lead into a few.  I got on the scale for my dreaded weigh in expecting to be much higher in weight.  Surprisingly I was not higher, but lower, 5 lbs lower.   I am not sure if it is a combination of my awesome way of eating healthy, working out and then resting or what. But I feel better and am ready to go back into my work outs full throttle again.

I will say, I will be including a lot more yoga and Pilates in my work out regimen.  I am building so much muscle that my weight is increasing, I think the few days of rest is helping me get back to where I need to be without my body needing soo many extra calories.  Plus I am eating really really well.  No fried foods, carbs are extremely limited and I have been drinking this YUMMy protien smoothie that is making me very happy. No sugar or carbs 25 grams of whey protein and only 105 calories.. cannot beat it.

So, take a day off if needed, or switch to low impact exercises like yoga or Pilates!

Have a very fit day!

No comments:

Post a Comment