Friday, January 9, 2015

Slacker and some food recipes

I am so sorry guys, I have been a HUGE slacker on blog posting. Between running after a toddler, running the facebook challenges, work, being sick, having a sick baby and every day life, the blogs have fallen off the to do list!  I promise I will try to get better.

2015 is starting off with a bang!  I am so proud of you guys for Joining in Move Your Body January!  You guys are starting off 2015 right!  I am also excited because Shaun T.'s new work out Max30 should be in this weekend! I am excited to see how this work out is and share my findings with YOU!

It is cold out and most people do not want salads when it is cold. I found the perfect salad to help you (and me) still get in enough greens, but have a warm flare to it. Are you ready?  It sounds crazy, but it is crazy good!  Take 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, throw it and an egg in a frying pan and just swirl the egg around until cooked, then pour the entire thing on the salad of your choice as the dressing. (crazy I know) I will confess, my salads are crazy, I do the lettuce, usually from one of the packages, then I add wasabi chick peas, some croutons or tortilla strips for crunch ( I have to have crunch), some kale chips if I have just made them (these are usually warm too), some dried cranberries or raisins. Sounds crazy but it makes me happy.  Find the perfect salad to make you happy too (without too many extra calories) so that you can still get in lots of greens.. ps a tip on the kale chips, I put them on the baking sheet, then spray coconut oil or olive oil over them then season with an all seasoning or cumin (or both) then bake at 250 until crispy!

If salad is not your thing, make some healthy soups. Last night I made black bean soup. super easy, 2 cups of chicken stock (or veggie stock), add in 2 jars (or cans) of black beans, (I made my own black beans and put them up in mason jars but cans will work), then a can or jar of diced tomatoes. Season to taste and cook for a few hours simmering (I use all seasoning and cumin..you see a theme, as well as chopped garlic and sauteed onions). I like to let mine simmer for a long time so all the flavors mix, you could even throw all of this in the crockpot in the morning then come home to it. We made some yellow rice to go with it, as its the babies fave!  Let's just say the 1 year old ate it up!  Made a mess but ate it up!!!



Hope you all have a very fit day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment