Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Random Fitness thoughts...

I have heard some concerns being stated lately and thought I would share my thoughts on some of  them, in case others are having the same thoughts/questions/concerns. As well as give you some inspirational stories at the end to inspire you to be a better you!
 

I have no energy to work out:  I understand, but if you start working out, you will start having more energy. When I started, I was very happy to sit on the couch and just rest, as I was soo exhausted from my day.  What I found was, for me, when I started working out, my energy level increased, so that I was not only able to work out daily, but work out longer. Plus after you do it for 20 or so days it becomes a habit :D

I have no time to work out:  But you do have time to watch your fave show or go to the movies or out to dinner?  We only have time to do the things we want to do. Stop making excuses and schedule working out into your life. On my calender every day, is an hour to work out. I can sometimes multitask by riding my stationary bike AND watching my fave tv show. I call those days a total win.  If you have kids, do a work out with them, go for a bike ride or walk or play a game of kickball. YOU have to make the time to work out and not come up with excuses to not work out. 

The work outs you do are too hard for me:  Then do something else. You do not have to do what I do. When I was at my biggest, I could never have done what I do now, it would have totally de-motivated me. I started slowly, but I started. I started by finding videos ONdemand on my Comcast cable, exercise tv and on Netflix (who sadly no longer offers free streaming of work out videos.. sad very sad) or my wii fit plus. I would do the 20-30 mins kickboxing or circuit training work out in the morning and one in the evening (or go for a run with Couch potato to 5k program or do 40-60 mins on the Wii).  I worked out twice a day because that way if something happened like, I overslept (as I am not a morning person) or had a meeting that evening, I still got in a 20-30 min work out. Plus it gave me the opportunity to vary my work outs so I did not get bored and helped me incorporate hand weights. I lost an easy 20 lbs in just a couple of months by doing this.  The hardest part is starting and making it a daily habit. 

Run? I am not a runner:  yeah well I would not say I am either. Couch potato to 5k made it easy.  If I found a week was too hard, then I just re-did that week or day. Now I can run 5k with very little issues.  Now if you ask me to do more... it depends on the day. I will sometimes do as much as a 10k with walking parts.  A marathon is wayyy out of my reach unless someone is chasing me with a knife, then i think I might find the motivation.  

I have been working out and not losing ANY weight. I am sooo frustrated: Well if you have not worked on in forever, then you are probably building muscle, so look at if you are losing inches and not so much the scale in the beginning, that will come with good eating habits. Now if your pants are not fitting loose and it has been over a month, then you need to look at what you are eating. You cannot continue to eat 2500 plus calories a day, fried foods, cake, cookies, etc and expect to lose weight and inches. If you are not writing down EVERYTHING you eat and drink, you need to start. There is no way for you to see what goes into your body without keeping a journal,  loseit.com is awesome, it will track your calories burned and calories that you eat and will tell you how many calories you should eat a day to get to your goal weight. You cannot put trash in your body and expect to see results of weight loss.  Also remember if you want to see results quicker, cut out the alcohol. I dropped an easy 15 lbs when I quit, plus I was not bloated any more. I actually looked slim. Have one or two once a week but do not do more than that, remember alcohol is extra empty calories.  

It is too hard to eat healthy:  Um not really, you just have to work at it. Once you eat clean for 20-30 days, your body resets itself and you will no longer crave that cookie or piece of cake. Do not buy bad stuff and you will not be tempted. Bring your lunch to work so you are not tempted to eat fast food. Store healthy snacks at your desk. Prepare food or items to cook ahead of time, like on a Sunday so you can easily cook when you get home. Or better yet throw something in the crockpot for an easy go to meal that is ready when you get home. Read labels. You want to make sure you know everything that is in your food ingredient wise and  how many calories you are in taking   If you following a gluten free or Paleo diet (which are proven to help many many people when done correctly), then you need to make sure there are no enriched flours as well as many other things. Here is a good blog that has info about the Paleo diet   Whatever your food choices are, remember this is not a "diet" but a lifestyle change. You must change the way you think and look at food and be willing to stick to it or else you will wind up right back where you started.   You also have to have will power to pick the fruit instead of french fries for your side item. Choose, olive, coconut or Avocado oils to use when cooking over other oils.  You have to think, "is this food of any nutritional value or is this wasted calories"  Research the best healthy diet for yourself that you can stick too and do for the rest of your life. Once you start eating healthy your body will no longer like the bad processed, sugary foods. If you want  to kick start your transformation and eating healthy,  follow the Whole30 (if you are doing Paleo) or do a The Beachbody Ultimate Reset  (the one Beachbody offers is not harsh, there is No starvation diets. No harsh laxatives. No running back and forth to the bathroom all day long. The Beachbody Ultimate Reset doesn't punish or deprive your body—it feeds your body with all the nutrients you've been craving those will help kick start your eating transformation.)  No matter what you try, try something, eating healthy will not kill you, eating bad will.  Plus eating healthy will make you feel better and also give you more energy.  So why not at least try?


Need inspiration?
Look at these real people who have transformed themselves with dedication and hard work. Nothing is beyond your grasp if you just reach!


Hope this helped, even a little bit!

Have a very fit day!





No comments:

Post a Comment