Monday, June 10, 2013

Everything Counts


People often think of exercise as a lot of work.  What those people are missing is that every time you move your body that counts.  Parking at the end of the parking lot and walking to the door, that counts.  Taking the stairs, that counts.  Dancing counts, Cleaning the house, that counts too!  Giving the dog a bath, yep that counts. Sitting on the couch eating Doritos, sadly does not count, but doing squats during commercials that counts!  Cooking dinner, that counts.  I always say that even though cooking takes more time, at least I am getting exercise while I am cooking (I even dance a little don't judge) and I can control what goes into my food.  I call that a win win!

So instead of plopping in front of the tv when you get home, try cleaning with the tv on in the background, or cooking dinner instead of eating out.  If you go out to dinner and you can, walk or bike to dinner, that counts too!  Keep a log (www.loseit.com, is great and has  an app for smart phone), you will be amazed at all the ways you burn calories and did not even know it.  It may even make doing yard work or cleaning the house more rewarding!

Tribesports-everything-counts-lifehack-your-way-to-30-minutes-of-exercise-a-day

Have a very fit day!

No comments:

Post a Comment